Thanks to dental technology, one can now skip most of the complex stages of teeth treatment and achieve a perfect smile by fixing dental flaws. One common cosmetic treatment to achieve an aesthetic smile is by installing dental veneers.
Dental veneers or porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, tooth-colored shells customized according to the patient's teeth and attached to the front area of the teeth to fix dental imperfections and enhance their appearance. By bonding dental veneers to the frontal surface of one's teeth, dental veneers can change the size, shape, color, and length of one's teeth. Porcelain dental veneers can conceal or hide the visual impacts of several dental problems, including tooth decay, to help the patients achieve a more beautiful smile.
The procedure of bonding the dental veneers using specialized cement doesn't cause any discomfort to the patient, and the procedure isn't too long either.
What Problems Do Porcelain Veneers Solve?
Dental veneers by the Garland, Texas dentist are a quick fix to solve several cosmetic dental issues, such as:
- Excessive gaps and spaces between adjacent teeth
- Crooked or uneven teeth
- Shape or size irregularities of the teeth
- Severely discolored teeth
- Gummy smiles
- Cracked, broken, or chipped teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Worn-down and weakened teeth
Advantages of Dental Veneers
When a patient undergoes the procedure by the Garland, Texas dentist to fix dental veneers, the following benefits can be obtained:
- Veneers can help correct several minor dental cosmetic problems, and they look natural.
- Fixing dental veneers is an easy and simple procedure. They do not need a lot of alterations or shaping of the natural teeth during the procedure.
- Veneers conceal or fix minor cracks, dental stains, discoloration, worn-down teeth, and excessive spaces between the teeth.
- Since dental veneers are resistant to stains, teeth bonded with veneers have no risk of future discoloration.
- Porcelain veneers can last for 10 to 15 years if taken care of well.
Who is an ideal candidate for dental veneers?
To be an ideal candidate for dental veneers, a patient should meet the following criteria:
- Have good oral health without any dental issues, gum diseases, or infections.
- Should practice good oral hygiene and follow oral care instructions by the dentist.
- Have a good layer of healthy enamel.
- If a patient has any dental issues or pre-existing diseases, they should be treated before placing the veneers.
If you have any doubts or wish to know more, call Care 'N' Cure Dental at (469) 298-3892, schedule an appointment online, or visit our office at 1901 Northwest Highway, Suite 103, Garland, TX 75041